September 14, 2021
Sustainable Development&Aid Program
The aim of SDAP is to avoid/minimize social and environmental impacts and to protect human rights and livelihood of affected peoples in development projects funded by Japanese finance institutions.
Reforming of Social and Environmental Policies of Financial Institutions
- JACSES is working for an establishment of a policy to limit coal power sector in Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) through No Coal Go Green Project, which is a joint initiative with other NGOs.
- JACSES is a leading organization of Fair Finance Guide Japan (only in Japanese), which is an research and advocacy activities for improving social and environmental policies of private banks. Fair Finance Guide Japan is a national coalition under the Fair Finance Guide International.
- JACSES is a member of Unfriend Coal Campaign which is a global coalition of NGO’s and social movements that is pressuring insurance companies to get out of the coal business and support the transition to clean energy. Please see “Advocacy for ending Japanese non-life insurance companies’ underwritings for new coal-fired power plants.”
- Matarbari Coal-fired power project (Bangladesh)(PDF)
- Thabametsi Coal-fired Power project (South Africa)(PDF)
- Morupule B Coal-fired power project (Botswana)(PDF)
Empowerment and Information Distribution
August 18, 2021
July 28, 2021
July 14, 2021
July 01, 2021
June 29, 2021
June 25, 2021
June 24, 2021
June 07, 2021
May 10, 2021