July 27, 2022
Sustainable Development&Aid Program
The aim of SDAP is to avoid/minimize social and environmental impacts and to protect human rights and livelihood of affected peoples in development projects funded by Japanese finance institutions.
Reforming of Social and Environmental Policies of Financial Institutions
- JACSES is working for ending Japan’s public finance for new fossil fuel projects through Stop Japanese Fossil Finance Project, which is a joint initiative with other NGOs. JACSES is calling on JBIC and JICA bondholders to engage with JBIC and JICA. as well as divest from, in order to stop them from supporting new fossil fuel projects.
- JACSES is a leading organization of Fair Finance Guide Japan (only in Japanese), which is an research and advocacy activities for improving social and environmental policies of private banks. Fair Finance Guide Japan is a national coalition under the Fair Finance Guide International.
- JACSES is a member of Insure Our Future Campaign which is a global coalition of NGO’s and social movements that is pressuring insurance companies to get out of the coal business and support the transition to clean energy. Please see “Advocacy for ending Japanese non-life insurance companies’ underwritings for new coal-fired power plants.”
- Matarbari Coal-fired power project (Bangladesh)
- Thabametsi Coal-fired Power project (South Africa)(PDF)
- Morupule B Coal-fired power project (Botswana)(PDF)
Empowerment and Information Distribution
June 24, 2022
April 14, 2022
March 30, 2022
March 02, 2022
February 28, 2022
February 08, 2022
January 07, 2022
December 10, 2021
October 01, 2021